There are quite a number of different lottery games that you can play within the United States as well as other North American Provinces. The playing structures of all the games are pretty similar and so are the rules. The only real difference is in the name given to the particular lottery. Here then is a bit of information about the most popular lottery games that you can play within the United States as well as some of the more unique games played outside of the United States.
The Big Game
You might not have heard the Big Game as it’s known. It’s the biggest lottery game in the United States and Canada as well as the world. Often the stumbled upon lottery guides will a Big Game as its name without explaining exactly what it is. Well to tell the truth, it’s more of a lottery game that’s been around since before World War Two was waged.
The Big Game costs a dollar to play and is played on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It’s the big game of the week where you have to match 6 out of a list of 75 numbers. The 75 numbers are chosen from 1 to 75 and they are selected from the Corn Slot, the Cash Booster and the MatchPlay box. The odds of matching all the 25 numbers in the list are 1 in 25,827,165. Once the 25 numbers are chosen, the computer then generates a random set of numbers for the Big Game.
The consolation prizes for getting at least 5 out of the 25 numbers are much better. In addition, the game also offers major cash prizes and product prizes. This is done to entice the players to play again.
The even money bets are the low risk bets in the Big Game. In most cases you will find a low risk bet and in some rare cases a high risk bet. The even money bets are the following:
The box bet – This bet means you are choosing your own number. You have the choice of matching it to the number picked by the computer or you can ask for a quick-pick (Which costs you less than a dollar). The odds of winning are 1-in-1,dds of winning are 1-in-77,531,536 (77,531,36 in decimal).
The front pair bet – In this bet you are betting on the first two numbers that come up. The odds of winning this bet are 1-in-169 and the payout is only 49.95 coins.
The corner bet – Here you are betting on four numbers that are in the intersection of the layout. You bet on these numbers as two pairs. The odds of winning this bet are 1-in- miracany of winning is 1-in- obscurity
The double-population bet – In this bet you are betting on two groups of numbers. You are betting on one set and on the other set. The odds of winning this bet are 1-in-75 and it pays 35 to 1.
The six-number bet – In this bet you are betting on six numbers and if even one of these numbers wins, you will be a winner. The odds of winning this bet are 1-in-75 and it pays 17 to 1.
The even money bet – In this bet you are betting on only even money. You are betting that the even numbers will appear. The odds of winning this bet are 1-in-2,63,MEGA88.
Fourth, you need to know the different types of bets that can be placed. These bets include:
- Corner Bets – Here you can bet on four numbers that are in the intersection of the cross-hairs of the display board. The numbers are wheeled individually and displayed on the face of the wheel. The type of wheel is the top model of the wheel that has the smallest wheelhouse and closest to the player.
- Hinckley Bets – Here you can again wheel the numbers in your selections to match the layout. The numbers are also displayed individually on the face of the wheel.
- Split Bet – When the dealer draws two cards that are of the same value, you can split the bet across two numbers, paying off at 17-1.
- Street Bet – When the dealer draws three numbers that are in sequence on the layout, you can place a bet on streets. The numbers are displayed individually and the layout is a mini map of the city, with streets and connections marked.
- Wooser Bet – This is the most popular bet of all. You can place wagers on numbers that are in difficult terrain, such as steeplechases, foreSTER, and gazetteeroes. You might have to wager on more than 75% of the possible numbers for this bet to win.
Of course, many players also use lottery wheels, wheels being a popular variation of the Top/Bottom bet.